1. Who’s who?
“8base” refers to 8base, Inc., a Delaware corporation. When “We” or “Us” or “Our” are used in this policy, it is a reference to 8base. The “8base Environment” refers to this website and all applications, content, products, and services provided by 8base. The 8base Environment and its content are designed to comply with U.S. laws and regulations. “You”or “Your” refers to the person using the 8base Environment, or otherwise using the website accessible through www.8base.com or any other component of the 8base Environment. If you are using the 8base Environment as part of your job, or on behalf of your employer, “You”or “Your” refers to both you and your employer.
3. What Information We Gather
(a) Personal Information. “Personal Information” means individually identifiable information about an individual collected from that individual by 8base via the 8base Environment or by other means (for example, by You voluntarily submitting Personal Information to Us via the completion of a registration form or in an email You send to Us). The types of Personal Information that We may request include, without limitation, Your name, age, Your employer, job title, mailing address, email address, and telephone number. Where there are links between the 8base Environment and third party sites or social networks, We may collect account information for accounts You use on those third party sites or social networks. In some instances, We may also collect the geo-location data of Your mobile or other device, including, without limitation, GPS-based, Wi-Fi-based, or cell-based location information. Even though We don’t view them as “Personal Information.” We may also collect Your internet protocol (IP) address, MAC address, or other machine or network identifiers as You access the 8base Environment. Payment card and financial institution information is collected through our third-party vendors or service providers. We do not store credit card or financial institution information.
We require registration in order for You to use the 8base Environment. As part of the registration process You will be required to provide Us with Personal Information. Some of the Personal Information that We ask You to provide is mandatory and some is voluntary. If You do not provide the mandatory information, You may not be able to use the 8base Environment or Your use may be limited to only certain portions. We reserve the right to change which parts of the Website require registration, and which do not, as We modify and update the 8base Environment.
(d) Adult Audiences Only. The 8base Environment is intended to be used only by persons over 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information or other information from or about children. You agree to notify Us immediately in writing via Your 8base account, or by mail at 2222 Ponce de Leon Boulevard,Suite 04-114, Coral Gables, FL 33134, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, if You become aware that We have received information from or about any such individuals.
(a) support Our intent to provide, maintain, and improve usability of the 8base Environment;
(b) collect and distribute payments;
(c) provide You with technical support;
(d) provide You with access to restricted areas of the 8base Environment;
(e) comply with legal requirements, including, without limitation, governmental orders, civil subpoenas, or discovery requests;
(g) protect the rights, property, safety, or security of 8base, any of Our users or the public, or to respond to an emergency;
(h) enable You to access 8base Solutions;
(i) provide You with information regarding the 8base Environment or 8base Solutions or related products or services or updates to any of the foregoing; or
(i) provide You with access to information, products or services that We believe may be of interest to You or Your employer.
Some data, including, but not limited to, the types of services used and the numbers of users We receive daily in various parts of the 8base Environment, may be used for statistical, marketing, promotional, performance or any other lawful purposes, and may be shared with or sold to third parties, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
5. Protection of the Personal Information We Gather. 8base has implemented industry-standard measures to protect the security of the Personal Information We collect via the 8base Environment. The financial partners We use to collect and process payment information are PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) certified. Regardless of what measures are used to protect Personal Information, no one can guarantee, and We do not guarantee, that Your Personal Information is completely secure at all times. If We determine that Your Personal Information was accessed in an improper manner, We will comply with applicable laws as We understand them and will cooperate with internal investigators or law enforcement (including by possibly disclosing Your Personal Information to such investigators or law enforcement agencies).
Your Personal Information may also be accessed by anyone having the credentials You use to access the 8base Environment. Please understand that You are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your Personal Information to protect it against unauthorized access or use including, without limitation, by ensuring that any credentials that enable access to the 8base Environment use strong passwords and are not shared with any third party. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, 8base disclaims any responsibility or liability for any misuse of Your Personal Information that results from illegal, improper, negligent, malicious, or inappropriate acts or omissions of You or any third party, or from any conduct, other than willful conduct of 8base.
8base may retain Your Personal Information for as long as You continue to use the 8base Environment, and for as long thereafter as permitted or required by applicable law or by agreements we have with third parties relating to such data. If We delete Your Personal Information, it may still be contained on backup media or other systems until such times as such media is destroyed or overwritten, or data on such other systems are otherwise deleted.
6. Your Rights. In accordance with the applicable law, 8base will provide You with access to Your Personal Information and, as appropriate, the right to intervene in respect of Your Personal Information. You may also be entitled to request the deletion of Your Personal Information, in which case, if 8base, in its sole discretion, deems deletion of such Personal Information as mandatory or appropriate, 8base may do so; provided, however that such deletion will mean that You may no longer be permitted to engage in certain activities, and may not have any further access to records of Your use of the 8base Environment. Deletion of Personal Information in this way may also result in your forfeiture of any usage credits or promotional credits earned by You prior to the deletion.
7. GDPR and EU Persons. The 8base Environment was designed to comply with the laws of the United States. It was not designed to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulations. As such, if You are a resident of an EU country, or are in an EU country, You should not provide any Personal Information (as defined in that Regulation) to 8base.
If You choose (through the 8base Environment) to receive communications regarding special offers, or any other information, We may add Your Personal Information to Our email database and use (or direct Our designees to use) Your Personal Information for providing such communications to You. You may later choose to unsubscribe from receiving such communications by following the unsubscribe directions in Our communications. If You provide 8base with inconsistent privacy preferences (for example, by indicating on one occasion that We may provide You with marketing offers and on another occasion that We may not), 8base will endeavor to update Your privacy preferences in 8base’s records with Your latest preference in a timely manner, but We cannot guarantee how quickly such changes will take effect. 8base is not responsible for notifying third parties who may have received Your personal information from us (as permitted by this policy) of any updates You make to Your preferences, but may do so as part of any updates or refreshes provided to those third parties.
10. FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY– Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident using the 8base Environment’ the following additional terms apply.
If You are a California resident, You may request information about practices related to disclosing Your personal information to certain third parties and/or opt-out of sharing of Your information with unaffiliated third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, if applicable. Please send Your request (along with your full name, e-mail address, postal address, and the subject line labeled “Your California Privacy Rights”) by e-mail at email@example.com.
(b) Notice for Minors. If You are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of the 8base Environment, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits You to request and obtain removal of content or information You have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information You have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Effective: October 21, 2018